Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Riddance, 2008

As the last few hours of 2008 are ticking down here, I'm trying to avoid reflecting too much on all the bad things that went down in this, the worst year I remember living through.

Damn! This sure was no pick nick. And to add insult to injury, they're making this stinker of a year a second longer!

So anyway. Hit the road, 2008. Don't let the door hit ya.

I found this really nice New Years Eve clip of Gladys Knight singing "Overnight Success" on youtube. May 2009 bring us all the fulfillment of our dreams.

4 comments:

J.R. LeMar said...

Sheesh.

I sure hope 2009 is better for you.

coolgirlsar said...

Here's to a great 2009 for you Pip and for everyone else too.

Son of Baldwin said...

Gladys Knight was my dad's favorite. Mine, too!

the4thpip said...

And James Baldwin is my favorite writer!